Timings Liquid Rooms?

Moderators: blir, The Shopkeeper, redc, de lacey, Captain Quiet, kevo, The Secretary, Rake

Re: Timings Liquid Rooms?

Postby burghblue » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:06 pm

Thoroughly enjoyed last night's gig. I don't know if there's some new software out there but a lot of gigs I've been to recently the sound has been very clear and well mixed. The first six songs sounded fantastic - so clear and with strong hammy bass. Best I've heard BSP, I reckon.

I don't know what happened after that but from where I was standing (upstairs) Cleaning Out The Rooms sounded a real mush of noise. Things recovered after that, but those theee or four slower songs did seem to take the wind out the sails a bit. However, they filled mightily again with Lucifer and didn't let up after that. Skua, as ever, was emotionally awesome.

MoJ seemed a bit rushed - Yan seemed to jump in early and Nobby was having some guitar issues, but Louis and Carrion were great. I don't remember a Liquid Room crowd in such good voice. And great to see the bears - pretty sure they haven't been sighted in Edinburgh before.

Great night, anyways. BSP sounded fantastic, right on top of their game. And I bought a tea towel and, despite being told "we don't need any more bloody mugs" before I left home, a recently extinct mug. Don't tell Mrs Blue!
You're an absolute shower...
burghblue

Postby ORK (Original Red Kite) » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:45 pm

burghblue wrote:Thoroughly enjoyed last night's gig. I don't know if there's some new software out there but a lot of gigs I've been to recently the sound has been very clear and well mixed. The first six songs sounded fantastic - so clear and with strong hammy bass. Best I've heard BSP, I reckon.

I don't know what happened after that but from where I was standing (upstairs) Cleaning Out The Rooms sounded a real mush of noise. Things recovered after that, but those theee or four slower songs did seem to take the wind out the sails a bit. However, they filled mightily again with Lucifer and didn't let up after that. Skua, as ever, was emotionally awesome.

MoJ seemed a bit rushed - Yan seemed to jump in early and Nobby was having some guitar issues, but Louis and Carrion were great. I don't remember a Liquid Room crowd in such good voice. And great to see the bears - pretty sure they haven't been sighted in Edinburgh before.

Great night, anyways. BSP sounded fantastic, right on top of their game. And I bought a tea towel and, despite being told "we don't need any more bloody mugs" before I left home, a recently extinct mug. Don't tell Mrs Blue!

Pretty much sums it up for me (except my missus came with me to ensure no mugs came back).
Hanx...
ORK (Original Red Kite)

Postby Solero » Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:38 pm

Superb gig, even though I had to watch most from upstairs, the new material came over really well, especially St. Jerome, I'm usually more pissed at the previous gig so maybe was able to enjoy this more!

I've missed the last couple of gigs was great to re-kindle my love for them again
Solero

Previous

Return to British Sea Power