Timings Liquid Rooms?

Moderators: blir, The Shopkeeper, redc, de lacey, Captain Quiet, kevo, The Secretary, Rake

Timings Liquid Rooms?

Postby montagne » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:18 pm

I'm going to the liquid rooms gig again, however I'll be running late. Just wondering if if any on stage and 'last song goodnight' timings are available. For Meursault and BSP. Thanks for reading.
montagne

Re: Timings Liquid Rooms?

Postby alonepiano » Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:37 pm

Its an early gig so has to finish by10pm
Haven't got exact times but assume the reasonable guess is
Meursault 7.10 -7.40
BSP 8.10 -10.00
alonepiano

Postby Carrow » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:44 pm

alonepiano wrote:Its an early gig so has to finish by10pm
Meursault 7.10 -7.40
BSP 8.10 -10.00

Oh Christ. That IS early. Thanks for the heads-up! Want to get to the front for Meursault and stay there for BSP of course. Could you update with exact times when you have them, please?
Carrow

Postby Blackout » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:31 am

Remember being in that pub just over the road at 10.05pm after a Half Man Half Biscuit gig whose entire audience were trying to get to the bar, and thinking this pub does very very well indeed out of the Liquid Room's scheduling...
And I asked, "Are you dreaming about a crow?"
And there she was....

http://blackout300.tumblr.com/
Blackout

Location: Lost in a dream somewhere between Akureyri and the Diagonal...

Postby montagne » Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:18 am

Carrow wrote:
Meursault 7.10 -7.40
BSP 8.10 -10.00

Oh Christ. That IS early. Thanks for the heads-up! Want to get to the front for Meursault and stay there for BSP of course. Could you update with exact times when you have them, please?

Had to laugh. It's the Liquid Rooms, even at the back you are at the front!
montagne

Postby montagne » Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:20 am

Thanks for the input. Very helpful. It seems I may miss Meursault .
montagne

Postby ORK (Original Red Kite) » Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:18 pm

Anyone apply for and get tickets (I applied & didn't) for the BBC Scotland Quay Sessions the following night, that can't now go? I'll be happy to step in?!
Hanx...
ORK (Original Red Kite)

Postby burghblue » Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:09 pm

ORK (Original Red Kite) wrote:Anyone apply for and get tickets (I applied & didn't) for the BBC Scotland Quay Sessions the following night, that can't now go? I'll be happy to step in?!

Afraid not - I'm in the same boat as you: applied and failed.
You're an absolute shower...
burghblue

Postby Carrow » Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:28 pm

montagne wrote:
Carrow wrote:
Meursault 7.10 -7.40
BSP 8.10 -10.00

Had to laugh. It's the Liquid Rooms, even at the back you are at the front!

Force of habit innit! Just in case.
Carrow

Postby Carrow » Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:48 pm

Holy fuck. I just saw my favourite band play one of the best shows I've ever seen. I made front row. I'm utterly speechless right now.

imag0018.jpg
imag0018.jpg (180.04 KiB) Viewed 9626 times
Carrow

Postby montagne » Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:47 pm

Meursault were a strange brew. However the blonde lassie was good looking, shame I couldn't hear her.
montagne

Postby pomfob » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:06 pm

Interesting how there were more gentle tunes tonight, the group of 5 between Remember Me & No Lucifer. Strikes me they may need to start doing sit down gigs (as well as, not instead of) or second sets to do some of those songs justice.

montagne wrote:Meursault were a strange brew.

I think it was all new material. I have most of the older records, didn't recognise anything. Though the line-up apart from Neil the singer is completely different since the last time I saw them (personnel and instrumentation).

montagne wrote: However the blonde lassie was good looking, shame I couldn't hear her.

Don't know where you were stood, but her voice came across loud & clear near the front on her side of the stage. It's entirely irrelevant to the music of course, but I also have a bit of a crush on her.
Do it for the Butthole Surfers.
pomfob

Postby deathorglory » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:08 pm

That wasn't typical Meursault last night. I much prefer the more typical band format or the one man electronic mash up thing he does. I've seen them over a dozen times and that was by far the least enjoyable.

BSP were great but the sound seemed really patchy for a few songs. Machineries was one I normally love live that sounded really flat. Kinda strange setlist I though with those 5 slower songs after Remember Me followed up with the ultimate pop combo of Lucifer and Keep On Trying.

Thoroughly enjoyable stuff though.
deathorglory

Postby deathorglory » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:21 pm

pomfob wrote:I think it was all new material. I have most of the older records, didn't recognise anything. Though the line-up apart from Neil the singer is completely different since the last time I saw them (personnel and instrumentation).

Weren't most of the songs were from the latest album I Will Kill Again? I thought they were just different versions because of the band lineup.

I was expecting a short "play the hits" from back catalogue type set from them which would have surely won them over a few new fans. Neil probably couldn't care less about this though, and fair play to him for that.
deathorglory

Postby pomfob » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:27 pm

deathorglory wrote:That wasn't typical Meursault last night. I much prefer the more typical band format or the one man electronic mash up thing he does. I've seen them over a dozen times and that was by far the least enjoyable.

Not seen them in ages, so it was just nice to see them again.

deathorglory wrote: Kinda strange setlist I though with those 5 slower songs after Remember Me followed up with the ultimate pop combo of Lucifer and Keep On Trying.

I wonder if they really did think that being a Sunday night they had to tone it down a little.
Do it for the Butthole Surfers.
pomfob

Next

Return to British Sea Power