BOX SET

Moderators: blir, The Shopkeeper, redc, de lacey, Captain Quiet, kevo, The Secretary, Rake

Re: BOX SET

Postby SPT » Wed May 24, 2017 7:20 pm

TheAlex wrote:
Mr Bod wrote:In fact most things come very fast, but oddly i did have some CD’s from my local record shop go missing the other day as well so perhaps i have a light handed indie loving mail man ..(and it is a man i checked) ..

Or possibly delivered to the wrong house. Although it hasn't happened (to my knowledge) for a few months now, I've had items delivered streets away, and had other people's stuff delivered here. Some people probably don't bother re-posting things if they're posted in the wrong house - I've had a few things disappear too.

My box set was delivered to the wrong house several streets away - the kind person brought it up the hill for me the same day.
You can always outrun a golfer

http://www.soundsxp.com
Always changing at Retford http://sptxx.tumblr.com/
Not changing at Retford http://sptxx2.tumblr.com/
SPT

Postby Mr Bod » Sat May 27, 2017 10:14 am

I have my t-shirt !!

The shopkeeper is as good as his word and sorted it.

I shall of course be required, or at least i feel i should, to make up for the lost one by buying something i really don’t need at the next gig, say a mug bookmark combo or yet another t-shirt
Attachments
IMG_0159.JPG
IMG_0159.JPG (29.85 KiB) Viewed 3845 times
08 Forum 10 Hippodrome 11 HippodromeAcademyForum 12 HopFarm 13 100ClubShepherd'sBushEmpireDerbyVenue 14 KokoRoadmendersHaunt 15 DerbyTheatreBarbicanConcorde2RoundhouseDerbyVenue 16 DerbyVenueTunnel267 17 RoughTradeEastBarbican 18 Sub89Koko
Mr Bod

Postby Heartland » Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:49 am

Still nothing...
If anyone can British Sea Power can
Has anybody seen Woody, Noble and Yan?
Heartland

Postby TheAlex » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:44 pm

Eventually, I have this. It's ended up costing me more than if I bought it in the first place of course plus the cost of the standard album. First impressions:

I don't know if Eaves stood out because I remember it being mentioned, but it is good.

South Westerlies reminds me of The Wedding Present, but not in an "all of our songs sound the same" kind of way. This is one of my favourites.

I like the extended version of St Jerome.

I like the intro to New New World a lot. This would be an interesting song to hear live.

The Want to be Free remix is weird, but not bad as far as remixes go - I haven't heard BSP sound like that before. Alone Piano (Restoration) ain't too bad either.

I didn't enjoy the instrumentals as much as I expected I would. Demos to come.
TheAlex

Previous

Return to British Sea Power