EUROPEAN DATES MAY

Moderators: blir, The Shopkeeper, redc, de lacey, Captain Quiet, kevo, The Secretary, Rake

Re: EUROPEAN DATES MAY

Postby Bastian » Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:34 am

If they don't want people inebriated then they shouldn't make such lovely strong beer.
Bastian

Postby pomfob » Wed May 03, 2017 3:12 pm

Support for the dates as far as Köln comes from the delightful Pictish Trail. It's on his Facebook page. Sadly, that doesn't include the couple of shows I'm going to at the end of the tour.
Do it for the Butthole Surfers.
pomfob

Postby pomfob » Wed May 03, 2017 3:29 pm

Bastian wrote:If they don't want people inebriated then they shouldn't make such lovely strong beer.

Snigger. Just saw this. Such foolishness, much boozing. Still, I'd wager that bar's profits were impressive after we moved in.
pomfob

Postby Bastian » Sun May 28, 2017 1:31 pm

Very good times on the Euro tour. The band were in cracking form and I thoroughly enjoyed all 4 gigs I managed to get to (Zurich, Munich, Cologne and Amsterdam)

Zurich was special for me as it was my first time seeing the band since the last Euro tour, 4 years ago. That and it was just a great gig anyway with most wonderfully friendly crowd and staff and a smashing little venue. The band were beaming throughout with the reaction they were getting from the crowd.

Another great time at Munich with another big crowd, although that gig is a bit hazy compared to the others as i was a bit hammered on Augustiner and only by the grace of god did i make the train the next morning.

Cologne was a delight, especially compared to the kip the band played at the previous time they were in town. The venue certainly lived up to Blackouts' high praise. Another excellent gig and a nice size crowd too.

Amsterdam was probably the hottest gig I've ever been at. Good to see some bsp die hards up the front really going for it. Frustratingly due to all the previous nights jumping around I did something to my left foot and by trying to join in a little made it worse. So I had to rein it in a bit. Had good fun anyway. I love looking at peoples reaction when the Bears come out, but it was even funnier than usual here with it being a festival and a lot of non fans in the room. Not sure was that gig being filmed for TV? A fairly professional filming unit was in operation.

Same set every night. A couple from Open Season and something from VD era would have been nice but very happy to hear the bulk of the new album live as it's so good.

Hope the band make it over to Ireland soon but either way i won't be leaving it go so long again.
Bastian

Postby blir » Tue May 30, 2017 4:20 am

Wonderful to hear Bastian. Thanks.
"Has anyone tried to insert a finger into any of their anuses?" - Rake
blir

Postby avocetboy » Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:53 pm

Hamburg was great. My first European date (You could say I lost my European BSP Virginity on the Reeperbahn!) . Hot and sweaty, slightly static but enthusiastic audience, enhanced when Myself and a few other "tourists" had a bit of a jump around during Carrion/allinit/encore.
How would they survive back in the wild?
avocetboy

Postby pomfob » Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:53 pm

Bastian wrote: Amsterdam was probably the hottest gig I've ever been at. Good to see some bsp die hards up the front really going for it.

We aim to please...actually it would be our own dear Lancashire Fusilier who went for it the most.

Just to add that Paris was also scorchio, small but enthusiastic crowd, surprisingly helpful staff too.
pomfob

Postby TheAlex » Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:25 pm

Paris was a good gig - my first Euro jaunt, but didn't much feel like one. The area reminded me of Shoreditch, and the venue of one I can't think of. I missed Phil - particularly on Skua and Waving Flags - but the songs are still great without him, and Abi (and mostly Noble I think) filled in. I wish the setlists had been mixed up, but I guess we'll get that in the between-album gigs.

And our tickets said doors were 8pm, so we missed half of the support band. It was nice to leave a gig in near-daylight though.
TheAlex

Postby Bastian » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:21 pm

alonepiano wrote:Hi
Irish dates will follow as soon as we get festival news
Not forgotten

Hope there's still plans for some dates over this direction
Bastian

Postby nofunnyusername » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:21 pm

I was speaking to Jan at the Birmingham gig and asked about dates in Ireland. He mentioned maybe in the autumn.
nofunnyusername

Previous

Return to British Sea Power