Let The Dancers Inherit The Party

Moderators: blir, The Shopkeeper, redc, de lacey, Captain Quiet, kevo, The Secretary, Rake

Re: Let The Dancers Inherit The Party

Postby Wendelin of Trier » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:13 am

THE Stinky Turner??

The genuine article or not, nice to see a fan register on the forum after 14 years!

You haven't missed much tbh.
It's like everything you never said but always meant to say
Wendelin of Trier

Postby Stinky Turner » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:18 am

Haha, no - sadly not, but thanks for the welcome!
Stinky Turner

Postby gcjh » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:52 am

Wenderlin of Trier wrote: Belgium? Applecross?! A man after my own heart.
Lovely stuff.

Your Scotland plan sounds idyllic. Over the pass to Applecross I take it? Bloody marvellous.
Although the long and winding road via Torridon is fantastic too.
A bit of smoo cave action in Sutherland? Oofph, i'm getting carried away now. Ardvreck?
Try grey cairns of camster if you get across to Caithness.
Just watch those bloody ticks, the dogs will pick up plenty. As i'm sure you know.

We are off up to Islay this year. I expect to be soaked in Laphroaig.
I met a BSP fan working for northlink ferries when we went to Orkney last. Couldn't believe it.
I hope we run into other similarly enlightened individuals in the distilleries, peat smoke wafting gently as we discuss the finer points of Nobles screaming guitar technique.

I noticed Mary Chain on that and on What you're doing. All good stuff.

The plan is to cycle the Applecross peninsula including the pass, if I get good weather. Then take the dogs up Ben Alligin & Laithach in Torridon. We've never been north of Ullapool on the mainland so the rest is a journey into the unknown. Wherever we park our van, that's our home!

Enjoy Islay.

Sounds like we could be bumping into a few BSP fans in Scotland over Easter!
Last edited by gcjh on Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
gcjh

Postby gcjh » Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:12 am

Blackout wrote:Ha, now you come to mention it... :) common notes though.

I was also at that gig last week. I feel we should probably warn everyone else that, excellent venue though it is in many ways, getting to the bogs is a nightmare due to them being basically down the side of the stage.

Yes, toilets were a problem. Good point. I had to moderate my alcohol consumption to avoid usage! Shame. Now booked on for Manchester too having had a BSP new album party last night! Incredibly, I have never been to the Manchester Ritzy before but that sounds well equipped on the toilet front!?
gcjh

Postby Carrion » Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:28 am

Don't expect a band to pull out a classic album at this time in their 'career' but, even though its early days I think they've absolutely nailed it with this one. Glorious from start to finish. Look forward to hearing these songs in London next week.
Carrion

Postby barty2811 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:53 pm

barty2811

Postby Hebrides Zimbo » Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:57 pm

Really impressed with this new album. Completely nailed it. I've had youngsters at work pricking up their ears on hearing it.
Set sail on those turquoise days
Hebrides Zimbo

Postby Wendelin of Trier » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:51 pm

Hebrides Zimbo wrote:Really impressed with this new album. Completely nailed it. I've had youngsters at work pricking up their ears on hearing it.

Nice to see you back! Was up your neck of the woods this time last year. Glad you like the album.
Wendelin of Trier

Postby Gorfield » Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:07 pm

just spent a week in a camper van in Gower with this album on loop.. perfect.
had to come back early... because there is a gig to attend tonight!!
Gorfield

Postby Hebrides Zimbo » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:20 pm

Wendelin of Trier wrote:
Hebrides Zimbo wrote:Really impressed with this new album. Completely nailed it. I've had youngsters at work pricking up their ears on hearing it.

Nice to see you back! Was up your neck of the woods this time last year. Glad you like the album.

Thanks, good to be back. Heard What you're doing on 6music this afternoon at work while overlooking Donavan's former Highland home. Wall of rain and skies of grey mind you.
Hebrides Zimbo

Postby Wendelin of Trier » Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:33 pm

Hebrides Zimbo wrote:Wall of rain and skies of grey mind you.

Ah, but you've got the hills and the lochs and the wildlife!

We were on our honeymoon last year, driving up to get the ferry over to Harris from Uig and as we were going up the coast road north of Portree two white tailed eagles flew by, closest i've ever seen them, absolutely fantastic.
I know you've probably seen them about a thousand times, but that a real moment for me.

I also drove by the Gathering Hall just so I could imagine the army of camo'd up Bunnymen fans stood outside. ;)
Wendelin of Trier

Postby Hebrides Zimbo » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:59 am

Wendelin of Trier wrote:
Hebrides Zimbo wrote:Wall of rain and skies of grey mind you.

Ah, but you've got the hills and the lochs and the wildlife!

We were on our honeymoon last year, driving up to get the ferry over to Harris from Uig and as we were going up the coast road north of Portree two white tailed eagles flew by, closest i've ever seen them, absolutely fantastic.
I know you've probably seen them about a thousand times, but that a real moment for me.

I also drove by the Gathering Hall just so I could imagine the army of camo'd up Bunnymen fans stood outside. ;)

See plenty eagles , but never tire of it . Magical every time. Ah the Gathering Hall ? Now there's a gig ........
Hebrides Zimbo

Postby TheAlex » Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:53 pm

All this talk is making me think the Outdoor Adventures thread should be revived: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9104

A white-tailed eagle flew above me on Mull last year, and did a pee-pee in the air. ITV's (at the time of filming) Liz Bonin was there, but I never saw the result of what they filmed. I also had quite a close encounter (100-200m away) on Canna (with a sea eagle, not Liz Bonin). They're amazing to see.
TheAlex

Postby gcjh » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:47 am

TheAlex wrote:All this talk is making me think the Outdoor Adventures thread should be revived: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9104

A white-tailed eagle flew above me on Mull last year, and did a pee-pee in the air. ITV's (at the time of filming) Liz Bonin was there, but I never saw the result of what they filmed. I also had quite a close encounter (100-200m away) on Canna (with a sea eagle, not Liz Bonin). They're amazing to see.

We've just returned from our Scottish campervan adventures that were a bit of a disaster. A heavy night before setting off led to a late departure & as the booze wore off Mrs GCJH started suffering back spasms which were to continue for the next 5 days (& still do so poor thing). We stuck to it minus the cycling & climbing but got a few short dog walks in, "enjoyed" some great weather. We changed plans & went on Skye to be near Broadford hospital in the event of an absolute emergency. Managed to get some codeine & diazepam which when Mrs GCJH mixed with copious amounts of wine in the evening led to hilarious results before the pain kicked in again the following morning.

Didn't get to see any real wildlife but did get to see lots of cute lovely little lambs.
gcjh

Postby TheAlex » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:36 pm

Oh dear. I haven't made it to Scotland at all. My (knee) injury doesn't sound anywhere near as bad, but I didn't want to make it worse by walking up big hills. Northumberland is the back up.
TheAlex

PreviousNext

Return to British Sea Power