April gigs

Moderators: blir, The Shopkeeper, redc, de lacey, Captain Quiet, kevo, The Secretary, Rake

Re: April gigs

Postby wishiwasskinny » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:56 am

I have bought a ticket for Birmingham.
It hasn't arrived yet, which is always slightly concerning.

Anyway, it turns out that I can't make it for reasons that I should have remembered at the time of buying said ticket.

Would anybody like it? When it arrives obviously. You can't have it yet.

For a sensible price, like.
wishiwasskinny

Postby pomfob » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:54 pm

pomfob wrote:Has anyone any thoughts ~ ideas ~ news about who's going to be supporting on this tour? They usually pick someone decent, and often better than that.

Menace Beach announced as support from Bristol. Worth seeing if you like fizzy guitar pop.
Do it for the Butthole Surfers.
pomfob

Postby deathorglory » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:20 am

Meursault are supporting at the Liquid Rooms. Long time favourites of mine and good fit for BSP support. Can't wait.
deathorglory

Postby pomfob » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:27 am

deathorglory wrote:Meursault are supporting at the Liquid Rooms. Long time favourites of mine and good fit for BSP support. Can't wait.

Grand. Really like them a lot too.
pomfob

Postby burghblue » Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:41 pm

deathorglory wrote:Meursault are supporting at the Liquid Rooms.

I'm very happy about this news. Really enjoyed Simple Is Good last year, and I Will Kill Again is sounding very promising.
You're an absolute shower...
burghblue

Postby Blackout » Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:44 pm

pomfob wrote:
deathorglory wrote:Meursault are supporting at the Liquid Rooms. Long time favourites of mine and good fit for BSP support. Can't wait.

Grand. Really like them a lot too.

This is FANTASTIC news.

Seriously, everyone make an effort here, they are worth it, but due to Liquid Rooms being Liquid Rooms the poor sods will probably be on about tea time. Music > eating.
And I asked, "Are you dreaming about a crow?"
And there she was....

http://blackout300.tumblr.com/
Blackout

Location: Lost in a dream somewhere between Akureyri and the Diagonal...

Postby pomfob » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:10 am

We're being drip fed announcements about supports - another offical one, July Skies for Birmingham. Not familiar with them, is anyone else?

I also note the Shopkeeper is stocking up, 2 new t-shirts, 2 new mugs and a tea towel (Heron Addict, naturally). This tour is going to be mighty expensive...
pomfob

Postby Blackout » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:34 pm

pomfob wrote:We're being drip fed announcements about supports - another offical one, July Skies for Birmingham. Not familiar with them, is anyone else?

Name rings a lot of bells but not seen them myself, so did the usual "is it worth going for the support band" checks: look at their facebook page and see which of my friends "like" them. 4 in this case.
- Two members of the London BSP regulars crew, both people whose music taste often agrees with mine
- Manager of one of my favourite record labels (Club AC30)
- one of my favourite local music promoters here in Manchester (Carefully Planned)
Also apparent links to Neil Halstead (Slowdive/Mojave 3), members of Epic45, Darren Hayman among others. Some of Hayman's Thankful Villages dates where he wasn''t supporting BSP himself, July Skies appear to have supported him.

So no, not familiar but have all the markers to be very good indeed. Think I'm going to be eating my tea on the train again.
And there she was....

Blackout

Postby pomfob » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:32 pm

Handy info re July Skies there. Cheers.

In less pleasing news, occasional visitor to these shore Trickyvegas pointed out that there's another RMT strike on coming up on Saturday 8 April. Anyone going to Necastle by train might want to bear that in mind. I know the main routes are TransPennineDepressed and CrossCuntry, but as Northern will be out, there's likely to be a knock-on effect.
pomfob

Postby TheAlex » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:19 pm

pomfob wrote:We're being drip fed announcements about supports - another offical one, July Skies for Birmingham. Not familiar with them, is anyone else?

I also note the Shopkeeper is stocking up, 2 new t-shirts, 2 new mugs and a tea towel (Heron Addict, naturally). This tour is going to be mighty expensive...

Make that 4 new t-shirts, including a tree-shirt. I like them all a lot, too. :-/
TheAlex

Postby Blackout » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:04 pm

That tree shirt is excellent. Not had a new BSP shirt in ages, can't even remember the last one I bought. Totally having that, and the tea towel.
And there she was....

Blackout

Postby Tristan » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:48 pm

Not *technically* an April gig, but there will be an in store at RTE on Friday 31st March. Entry guaranteed with purchase of the album etc etc.

https://www.roughtrade.com/events/british-sea-power-live-signing

See you there.
Tristan

Postby Carrow » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:12 am

I absolutely FUCKING FLIPPED when I saw this announced. Meursault are such a good band, and they're only supporting fucking BSP!!! AND I'M GOING TO THAT GIG AHHHHH
Carrow

Postby Herbstzeitlose » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:10 pm

Tom Williams posted on FB that he's opening Shepherd's Bush with an acoustic set.
Herbstzeitlose

Postby Blackout » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:10 am

Herbstzeitlose wrote:Tom Williams posted on FB that he's opening Shepherd's Bush with an acoustic set.

That's good news. Takes the pressure off those of us with tight transport schedules who can't abide strummy busker music :)

Black Honey main support according to Seetickets
Attachments
seetickets.png
seetickets.png (74.68 KiB) Viewed 7494 times
And there she was....

Blackout

PreviousNext

Return to British Sea Power