April gigs

Moderators: blir, The Shopkeeper, redc, de lacey, Captain Quiet, kevo, The Secretary, Rake

Re: April gigs

Postby pomfob » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:58 pm

LikeAnotherLanguage wrote:
pomfob wrote:Yep, you can buy tickets for any O2 venue at any O2 box office...so long as the IT isn't down, as it was today. FML. But handy to know, eh?

CAN you? This is something I always had a feeling was true but somehow doubted myself.
Thanks, anyway, very useful information. I've got my Bristol ticket and am currently investigating the logistics of London and Birmingham.

To confirm, just returned from Leeds O2 with a ticket for the Manchester Ritz gig. Pay with cash, no booking fee. Thumbs aloft Macca.

Now, do any of you good folk know if there's any record shops or similar selling Edinburgh tickets?
Do it for the Butthole Surfers.
pomfob

Postby pomfob » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:04 pm

It has just occurred to me that Birmingham is also an O2 venue, so I could have bought my ticket for that just now...oops.
pomfob

Postby Skinku » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:29 pm

Good as any place to ask, is the Bristol Trinity a church?
I could google but prefer this method as it's more, well informative.
Size, intimacy, toilets, chances of me remembering it would be much appreciated.
Is it worth the slog?
That's John Torode!
Skinku

Postby Wicker Man » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:01 pm

Skinku wrote:Good as any place to ask, is the Bristol Trinity a church?
Size, intimacy, toilets, chances of me remembering it would be much appreciated.
Is it worth the slog?

It is on the outside, aye. They appear to have done away with the font, though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtJU7_83aUk
Might go to that one meself.
Wicker Man

Postby bancroftboy » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:05 pm

Skinku wrote:Good as any place to ask, is the Bristol Trinity a church?
Is it worth the slog?

Went the last time they played there - yes it's an old church turned into an arts centre and as such not like a corporate/proper venue - I remember the bouncers being very friendly.
They had Bath ales on tap so at least half decent drinks (though how Bath are after getting swallowed by St Austell is anyone's guess)
Be aware it was possibly the hottest I have ever been, absolutely drenched
you lot are a complete army of c*nts!
bancroftboy

Postby Mr Bod » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:53 pm

Don't know if any one recalls this but a promoter put up the wrong poster for the April gigs on his face book page and the band tweeted to get it removed as some of the gig details where wrong.

It also had differing art work which with posts on type face etc may be of interest to some folk, and I think time as past to not confuse anyone with this and the real April run of gigs so here it is...
Attachments
IMG_0120.PNG
IMG_0120.PNG (160.97 KiB) Viewed 8197 times
08 Forum 10 Hippodrome 11 HippodromeAcademyForum 12 HopFarm 13 100ClubShepherd'sBushEmpireDerbyVenue 14 KokoRoadmendersHaunt 15 DerbyTheatreBarbicanConcorde2RoundhouseDerbyVenue 16 DerbyVenueTunnel267 17 RoughTradeEastBarbican 18 Sub89Koko
Mr Bod

Postby Bob Fossil » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:05 pm

Hi, does anyone local to Leeds know of any reasonably cheap hotels or b&b's for April 7th? I have looked, I'm not that lazy but a little bit of local knowledge never hurts. Travelling on my own so looking to keep costs down. Thanks, BF.
....it's one of them innit
Bob Fossil

Postby Blackout » Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:21 am

Bob Fossil wrote:Hi, does anyone local to Leeds know of any reasonably cheap hotels or b&b's for April 7th? I have looked, I'm not that lazy but a little bit of local knowledge never hurts. Travelling on my own so looking to keep costs down. Thanks, BF.

I booked the Premier Inn (Leeds Arena) about 2 weeks ago and it was very cheap then. Looks like it still is, relatively speaking - Leeds is often quite expensive at weekends and the Travelodge there takes the piss (I don't normally stay over for Leeds gigs being from Manchester, but as we're off up to Newcastle the next day it kind of made sense). B&B wise there are a bunch of fairly cheap ones up in Headingley near the stadium (try a couple of different booking sites as some of them aren't on all of them).
And I asked, "Are you dreaming about a crow?"
And there she was....

http://blackout300.tumblr.com/
Blackout

Location: Lost in a dream somewhere between Akureyri and the Diagonal...

Postby Bob Fossil » Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:25 am

Thanks Blackout, will have a look
....it's one of them innit
Bob Fossil

Postby Carrow » Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:27 pm

The location of my next BSP gig is the same as my previous one! (April 6th 2014, introduced one of my best friends to them!)
Attachments
C3GFvMdWEAAcH_6.jpg
C3GFvMdWEAAcH_6.jpg (85.81 KiB) Viewed 7973 times
Carrow

Postby pomfob » Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:01 pm

Has anyone any thoughts ~ ideas ~ news about who's going to be supporting on this tour? They usually pick someone decent, and often better than that.
pomfob

Postby MansunsOnlyBSPFan » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:16 am

So I've just had an email saying Kasabian are playing the Birmingham Academy on Apr 13th, that date seems to ring a bell??
Seems like BSP can pull off a hefty support band ;)
MansunsOnlyBSPFan

Postby Blackout » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:56 pm

MansunsOnlyBSPFan wrote:So I've just had an email saying Kasabian are playing the Birmingham Academy on Apr 13th, that date seems to ring a bell??
Seems like BSP can pull off a hefty support band ;)

There are 3 venues within the Academy complex, I'm guessing Kasabian are in the big one (which is pretty horrible) and BSP the Academy 2 (slightly less horrible). They are totally separate spaces and you don't get sound bleed or anything like you did at the old Brum Academies. I hope nobody's playing in 3 (even more horrible). Maybe they can both do their Eaz-EH Eaz-EH nonsense at the same time and a black hole will open up and said chant will never be heard of again. :)
And there she was....

Blackout

Postby MansunsOnlyBSPFan » Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:35 pm

Yeah I've been there a few times while there have been other gigs on, seemed fine, just not really looking forward to the Kasabian crowd. I don't mind their music so much, but they are the modern day Oasis with their fan base, certainly no tree branch waiving real ale drinkers.
MansunsOnlyBSPFan

Postby Blackout » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:03 pm

Yeah and you have to all go in through the same entrance I seem to recall. I remember when Half Man Half Biscuit played in 2 there was some teen-friendly pop act in 1, there were a few dads with youngsters in the queue looking utterly miserable when they realised they could have planned the whole evening rather better had they known.

I'm sure they'll put signs up telling punters which queue to get in.
Attachments
warning-monkey-sign-4983266.jpg
warning-monkey-sign-4983266.jpg (23.62 KiB) Viewed 7693 times
And there she was....

Blackout

PreviousNext

Return to British Sea Power