MOJ Demo CDs

Moderators: blir, The Shopkeeper, redc, de lacey, Captain Quiet, kevo, The Secretary, Rake

MOJ Demo CDs

Postby Heartland » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:19 am

Been listening to a few of the MoJ demo CDs recently.

There's some cracking stuff on them that didn't make the album; Facts not right, Fingertips, Baby Grey, Over your cities...

Hope this stuff gets played live at some point, or is "properly" released. It's far too good to be abandoned.
If anyone can British Sea Power can
Has anybody seen Woody, Noble and Yan?
Heartland

Re: MOJ Demo CDs

Postby Wicker Man » Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:59 pm

There's a 'Machineries of Joy' bonus disc with studio versions of the first three of the songs you mention - in the same order, an' all! - along with 'Lullaby For What You Are' and 'Chrysanthemum'. I think it came with pre-orders of the album and it was for sale at shows in the olden days. Not sure where you'd be able to find it now - perhaps the shop still have a few copies knocking about?
Wicker Man

Postby Heartland » Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:04 pm

Cheers, will look it up. Would be great to hear some of them done live
If anyone can British Sea Power can
Has anybody seen Woody, Noble and Yan?
Heartland

Postby TheAlex » Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:51 pm

I agree - some great stuff. I intend to relisten to them myself at some point, and now I'm more familiar with the MoJ versions, listen to the demos in MoJ order, to see if they sound as weird as they did when I first heard the proper MoJ versions.

Facts Not RIght was played at least a couple of times. And didn't one of the Krankenhaus nights in Brighton feature a few of them? I remember hearing a fair number of them live.
TheAlex

Return to British Sea Power