Hebden Bridge

Moderators: blir, The Shopkeeper, redc, de lacey, Captain Quiet, kevo, The Secretary, Rake

Hebden Bridge

Postby kevo » Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:27 am

No fewer than NINE new songs. I think we can take that the titles are working titles... We were told that Spark was called 'Tropical Banana'! Telstar II (announced to the audience as 'Barry the Goldfish'), What I'm Doing, Man and Sun were the stand-outs for me. Lots of good 'uns tho!

Set list, courtesy of Doll:

Machineries of Joy
Spark
Telstar II
Rocky (G.I.B)
Matches
Electrical Kittens
Remember Me
Larsen B

What I'm Doing
Man
Monck
No Lucifer

Praise for Whatever
(Sun?)
Spirit of St Louis
Carrion
All In It

Waving Flags
Skua
Rock in A
Kevo or Matthew Wood? Malevolence or good?

BSP fansite: Brilliantine Mortality
Blog: Under the Pylons
kevo

Re: Hebden Bridge

Postby Heartland » Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:17 am

Bloody great gig; crowd were on form as well.

Particularly liked Neil's new stuff.

Just a bit disappointed to read that Tropical Banana isn't that song's real title. Shame.

Can't wait for York.
If anyone can British Sea Power can
Has anybody seen Woody, Noble and Yan?
Heartland

Postby pomfob » Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:30 am

Top drawer performance indeed. New stuff could do with a couple of club bangers, but that's quibbling. Tropical Telstar Banana was cracking, as was Rocky VI. Interested to see how things develop in Carlisle tonight.

Thumbs aloft for Darren Hayman too, excellent new songs from his Thankful Villages record.

Hammy's shoes were appalling, falling to bits. He'd be better off barefoot. If anyone knows his shoe size, let me know & I'll buy him a pair of fake Converse from Leeds market this afternoon.

I think I'm still a little bit drunk. I'm blaming that bottle of Absolut that Noble sent round the crowd.
Do it for the Butthole Surfers.
pomfob

Postby Lammy » Thu Jun 16, 2016 3:39 pm

Most enjoyable, very much looking forward to the new album now, it's been too long. Agree with Sun and What I'm Doing as standouts, Tropical Banana too. Cannae wait to listen again in York.
Lammy

Postby Wicker Man » Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:50 pm

'Rocky VI': https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Rewswv5wfY
That appears to be all there is on YouTube at present. I hope a few of you are going to be busy with your camcorders during the remaining dates.
Wicker Man

Postby Gorfield » Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:15 pm

Loved this gig! Every one gets better and better. Whoever chooses these venues needs a big pat on the back as it really does make a difference and I love going somewhere new to see Sea power.

New songs were great, I wasnt a fan of the last album straight away it took a while but the majority of the songs last night were great on first listen! especialy " tropical bannana!" and the 3rd new one that they did.

Great crowd as always, friendly and all loving it together and a few familiar faces.

I doubted that this gig would turn into the usual riot at the end with the bear ( who is getting a bit stinky!) as it looked too small and people seemed a bit quiet.. but as always we were jumping about with the bear and swigging martin's absolut vodka! I really thought it was all over after the first encore so to come back with flags and Skua ( my fave) was the icing on the cake!

Special thanks to David who sorted me out with my tickets, I would have been gutted if I had missed this gig.

Jemma
Gorfield

Postby Gorfield » Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:17 pm

and best "Carrion" ever! its usually done too early I reckon =- the bear needs to be involved with every Carrion!
Gorfield

Postby Mrborofc » Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:48 am

Fabulous Venue and great gig yet again from BSP
Have to agree about the venue choice as well love seeing BSP at the smaller venues
Mrborofc

Return to British Sea Power