Over Your Cities Grass Will Grow

Moderators: blir, The Shopkeeper, redc, de lacey, Captain Quiet, kevo, The Secretary, Rake

Over Your Cities Grass Will Grow

Postby lewis_slade » Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:30 pm

WHAT A TRACK!

Just spent time listening to those demo EP's from 2012, totally forgot about this gem!

I really hope this resurfaces on an album sometime. That guitar...
lewis_slade

Re: Over Your Cities Grass Will Grow

Postby neptune blood » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:54 am

Agreed. That along with 'Unto the End' and 'Wishful Thinking' are among my favourites. Incidentallly, are you the Lewis Slade who posted the Red Box videos on You Tube? If so- cheers!! The 12" version of 'Chenko' is fabulous.
neptune blood

Postby TheAlex » Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:54 am

neptune blood wrote:Agreed. That along with 'Unto the End' and 'Wishful Thinking' are among my favourites. Incidentallly, are you the Lewis Slade who posted the Red Box videos on You Tube? If so- cheers!! The 12" version of 'Chenko' is fabulous.

Unto the End is one of my favourites too. I keep meaning to listen to all of these again, but I haven't got around to it.

My guess is that he is the same Lewis Slade. I remember asking this Lewis Slade if he was the same Lewis Slade who posted some Headswim/Black Car tracks, and I think the answer was yes.
TheAlex

Postby Wicker Man » Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:20 pm

I'd have been very happy to hear another album worked up from those demos, but it looks like the time for that has passed, now.
Wicker Man

Postby lewis_slade » Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:55 pm

neptune blood wrote:Agreed. That along with 'Unto the End' and 'Wishful Thinking' are among my favourites. Incidentallly, are you the Lewis Slade who posted the Red Box videos on You Tube? If so- cheers!! The 12" version of 'Chenko' is fabulous.

HaHa, yes, that is I!

Way way back...I had a chance to meet Simon (Mr Red Box) and he is a very bright and talented thing. Working on a new album this very second.

Cheers.
lewis_slade

Postby lewis_slade » Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:57 pm

TheAlex wrote:

Unto the End is one of my favourites too. I keep meaning to listen to all of these again, but I haven't got around to it.

My guess is that he is the same Lewis Slade. I remember asking this Lewis Slade if he was the same Lewis Slade who posted some Headswim/Black Car tracks, and I think the answer was yes.

Hi Alex, yes you're correct.

Hope all is well.
lewis_slade

Return to British Sea Power