Touring

Moderators: blir, The Shopkeeper, redc, de lacey, Captain Quiet, kevo, The Secretary, Rake

Touring

Postby Blissios » Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:23 am

Its 2:20 am East Coast US time. My buddies and I are drunk texting each other about BSP.

Will you tour the US again?

FYI, we saw you many times but the time we saw you together was at the First Unitarian Church in Philly w Fiest opening. Epic.
Blissios

Re: Touring

Postby pomfob » Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:15 pm

It's expensive to tour the US, the visa requirements are more difficult than once they were and they don't have anything new to play at the moment.

When the new record arrives - whenever that is - you never know. Hey, they're only booked for 3 shows in the UK this year!
Do it for the Butthole Surfers.
pomfob

Postby Blissios » Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:49 pm

I was hoping they would tour here for MoJ. Still bummed I had to miss them on their last tour through the US. I didn't think at the time that it may be my last chance. Might have to make a trip across the pond sometime and check them out in their native habitat.
Blissios

Postby Blackout » Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:07 pm

Welcome to the small group of "people who were at that Philaldelphia gig but did not actually know each other at the time". Basically me and sometime forum member Blir (unless you do actually know Blir).

But yeah, here's why you don't get to see so many British bands any more (see links at the bottom as well as the piece in question)
http://louderthanwar.com/are-these-the- ... g-america/
And I asked, "Are you dreaming about a crow?"
And there she was....

http://blackout300.tumblr.com/
Blackout

Location: Lost in a dream somewhere between Akureyri and the Diagonal...

Postby Don_Gorgon » Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:02 pm

Blissios wrote:I was hoping they would tour here for MoJ. Still bummed I had to miss them on their last tour through the US. I didn't think at the time that it may be my last chance. Might have to make a trip across the pond sometime and check them out in their native habitat.

I've long given up hope of their return to the US and it's totally logical while they wouldn't. I've caught the last two tours over there and had a wonderful time. It's not outrageously expensive if you book early enough. Although I understand most people can't drop all their responsibilities to see a band. It's quite exciting seeing them in their natural habitat though.
Where the ancient oak leaf clusters grew, the deaths head hawk moth flew
Don_Gorgon

Postby Blissios » Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:37 pm

Thanks for the link! That is very unfortunate as a love of UK music.

Yeah, me and three others drove in from Harrisburg to see that show. Also saw them a couple of other times in Philly. First one at the North Star Bar which was a true dive in a sketch neighborhood and then another before DYLRM at Johnny Brenda's.
Blissios

Postby Don_Gorgon » Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:09 pm

Whoa Harrisburg! How' the state of that city? I used to transfer buses there on the way home from further west PA. The rivers and fall foliage were lovely I remember, the city not so much.
Where the ancient oak leaf clusters grew, the deaths head hawk moth flew
Don_Gorgon

Postby Blissios » Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:05 pm

Don_Gorgon wrote:Whoa Harrisburg! How' the state of that city? I used to transfer buses there on the way home from further west PA. The rivers and fall foliage were lovely I remember, the city not so much.

Hah. Good and bad. I live near the market and that neighborhood is getting better. Crime overall down. Less bars but better restaurants. Now that I am getting older and my friends are having families and moving the city life isn't as fun as in the past. Hate commuting though.

PA can be really pretty. You ever try the train?
Blissios

Postby RadioResistance » Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:54 pm

Sad to read. Hoping they'll come back one day, but it's completely understandable if they don't. Maybe one day I'll be able to make it over, but for now youtube videos will have to suffice. First saw them at the Black Cat in DC. Drove 9 hours for that show. Saw them 2 more times at Cat's Cradle in NC. Very nice people. Fond memories.

Went to Philly last year for Lynch's Unified Field exhibit at PAFA. Great city. Hit up Long in the Tooth record store while I was there and brought back some goodies. Used to make a detour just outside of Harrisburg to a little Italian rest. on the yearly trek to upstate NY. It was fantastic. Though, it may no longer be there- it's been well over 15 years since I've been there. Love travelling along the Susquehanna River. Beautiful terrain out that way.
"We are here and it is now. Further than that, all human knowledge is moonshine."
-H.L. Mencken
RadioResistance

Return to British Sea Power