Decline Compleat

Moderators: blir, The Shopkeeper, redc, de lacey, Captain Quiet, kevo, The Secretary, Rake

Re: Decline Compleat

Postby Herbstzeitlose » Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:35 am

Geoff24 wrote:Do we know if all the orders have been shipped? My bundle still says not yet shipped, and my Sea of Brass vinyl still says shipped 19/6/15 (which we all know didn't happen). I am in Australia so not sure if my stuff is just taking a little while to arrive, or hasn't gone out yet. Was one of the first 100 orders, too...

I also ordered the bundle, and was in the first 100. My order arrived in Germany last Friday (14/08), but shipping status ist still "not yet". Could be that the bundles shipped later than the other sets? Hope this reassures you!
Herbstzeitlose

Postby burghblue » Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:20 am

Still no sign of my Compleat set. Shows as Not Shipped Yet, but it seems that may not be an accurate indication...

Has anyone had any successful communication with Golden Chariot on tardy boxsets?
You're an absolute shower...
burghblue

Postby Kid Dynamo » Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:19 am

burghblue wrote:Still no sign of my Compleat set. Shows as Not Shipped Yet, but it seems that may not be an accurate indication...

Has anyone had any successful communication with Golden Chariot on tardy boxsets?

I am in the same boat burghblue. Have had some positive feedback from the shopkeeper / management, but no communication from Golden Chariot / Sunshine HQ other than an out of office email.

It looks lovely though. The wait continues.
Kid Dynamo

Postby Outoftheblue » Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:24 am

I'm still waiting as well Shopkeeper looking into it......
Outoftheblue

Postby Nurdled, by Astley » Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:51 am

Ditto, but I only ordered the Handbook.
Nearly drowned on a learn to swim course.
Nurdled, by Astley

Postby Kid Dynamo » Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:37 pm

Finally a response from Sunshine HQ. Apparently they tried to deliver it when I wasn't home but neglected to leave a "sorry we missed you" card from what I can gather. Re-delivery rearranged to my place of work. Fingers crossed it is not delivered by Yodel....
Kid Dynamo

Postby negative8ball » Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:30 pm

Hello, all. Also still waiting.

Out of curiosity - I bought the Compleat (plus handbook) right away (April) - but don't remember being 'informed' I was one of the first... did the first 100 sell our in less than a day? Or was I somehow just not informed? Just curious if I should be expecting any goodies (beyond just the greatness of all the demos people are sharing - and thanks for that!).
negative8ball

Postby Blackout » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:28 am

negative8ball wrote:Hello, all. Also still waiting.

Out of curiosity - I bought the Compleat (plus handbook) right away (April) - but don't remember being 'informed' I was one of the first... did the first 100 sell our in less than a day? Or was I somehow just not informed? Just curious if I should be expecting any goodies (beyond just the greatness of all the demos people are sharing - and thanks for that!).

I think it was calculated elsewhere that the 100 ran out around 5-6pm on day one.
I have nothing to upload and share by the way, so many thanks to those who have, my bonus item being a Fear of Drowning CD single I already had... if any recipients of these tasty demo CDs / cassettes would, having copied the files, like to exchange said original artefact for said (once considered rather rare) CD single you know where I am...
And I asked, "Are you dreaming about a crow?"
And there she was....

http://blackout300.tumblr.com/
Blackout

Location: Lost in a dream somewhere between Akureyri and the Diagonal...

Postby negative8ball » Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:56 pm

Ah - that explains it. Shame - I was purchased by 5, but EST which I assume was 5 hours too late.

Thanks, then, everyone here for sharing the amazing goodies.
negative8ball

Postby burghblue » Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:02 pm

Got it! (It seems to have been sitting locked up in the mailroom at work and the mailguys forgot to tell me)

First 100 goodies include a CD with three mixes of "Strange", a Carrion CD single, flyer and a photo of Eamon in a tour bus bed. Will upload things on the relevant thread in due course.
You're an absolute shower...
burghblue

Postby Kid Dynamo » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:40 am

Received mine yesterday. Its a bit big for the glove compartment of my car, but other than that is has exceeded my expectations. A reissue that is well and truly for the fanboys. Love it.
Have enjoyed listening to the demos and hearing an insight into how the album took shape over time. Really loving the chaotic, almost demonic SOSL demo and the Always the Sea demo. So much to read and listen to. Delighted!
Kid Dynamo

Postby flatland juz » Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:34 pm

Liking Yan's Decline Compleat promo film, very nice dreamy piano Remember Me. A bit disappointed that he wasn't in it, in unboxing stylee.
flatland juz

Postby Nurdled, by Astley » Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:41 pm

I am sure I spotted a hand at one point, but of course, it might not be his.
Nearly drowned on a learn to swim course.
Nurdled, by Astley

Postby dubha bheinn » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:19 pm

flatland juz wrote:What I would really love to hear is 'British Sea Power' by Songer Gasboss. Is it out there somewhere?

Songer Gasboss, a band name if there ever was one.

If things had turned out differently, we'd have such classics as:
The Decline of Songer Gasboss
Do it for Your Mum: One Band, One Dad, One World War - a Story of Songer Gasboss, Rock Dreams and Family Farce
The Compleat Illustrated Songer Gasboss (Vol 1)
dubha bheinn

Postby Skinku » Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:29 pm

Oh, I didn't get it for my birthday in case anyone was wondering.
I got a torch.
*blub*
That's John Torode!
Skinku

PreviousNext

Return to British Sea Power