Decline Compleat

Moderators: blir, The Shopkeeper, redc, de lacey, Captain Quiet, kevo, The Secretary, Rake

Re: Decline Compleat

Postby atombowl65 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:08 pm

Thanks Lammy. Mine can (hopefully) be found here. Someone let me know if it's gone wrong. Tracks should all be named but if they're not showing up let me know and I'll copy them out. They're all AIFF as on the disc so download may be a bit slow.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qavgzelspbk4phq/AABlxnax8TIN8nnn0ziY4ylca?dl=0
atombowl65

Postby Lammy » Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:44 pm

Mine can (hopefully) be found here. Someone let me know if it's gone wrong. Tracks should all be named but if they're not showing up let me know and I'll copy them out. They're all AIFF as on the disc so download may be a bit slow

Seems to be working fine (except Major Machines 1, which is only 1kb), cheers! I was going to finally get out the house today, but I'll probably just stay in and listen to these now, because All the Otter Offers is too intriguing.
Lammy

Postby pauloso » Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:02 pm

Why on earth did Diecastings II Vox never get some kind of release? It is beautiful. Thanks for the uploads everybody.
I keep a shotgun buried in a box.
pauloso

Postby 2monkeypuzzle3 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:13 pm

I'm new to the forum but a long time follower of BSP - got my boxset and was in the first 100. I have a demo CD titled 'Greatest Hits 2' from January 2002 - theres a cool instrumental demo of Remember Me which is interesting amongst 8 others - I will post the songs to a dropbox with track listing for people to share if thats ok with the band. Thanks to those who have already shared what they received - I've just downloaded them now. I also got a flyer for the Remember Me single, a BSP Kendal Mint Cake label and an artist pass for Leeds and Reading Festival 2003.
2monkeypuzzle3

Postby Shadowplayer » Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:43 pm

These are brilliant! Thanks to everyone who uploaded - much appreciated.

2monkeypuzzle3 wrote:I'm new to the forum but a long time follower of BSP - got my boxset and was in the first 100. I have a demo CD titled 'Greatest Hits 2' from January 2002 - theres a cool instrumental demo of Remember Me which is interesting amongst 8 others - I will post the songs to a dropbox with track listing for people to share if thats ok with the band.

Thank you - Noble of the band has I think given the thumbs up to sharing so you should be fine.
" And then the strangest feeling drifted over me,
Oh we'll begin where you give in now, baby dear"
Shadowplayer

Postby flatland juz » Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:50 pm

Thanks muchly you lovely sharers.

What I would really love to hear is 'British Sea Power' by Songer Gasboss. Is it out there somewhere?
flatland juz

Postby Shadowplayer » Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:19 pm

Has diecastings ever been played live I wonder? Anyone know, or even seen it?
" And then the strangest feeling drifted over me,
Oh we'll begin where you give in now, baby dear"
Shadowplayer

Postby kevo » Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:24 pm

[quote="McCol"]Still waiting for access to a cassette player but here's photos of the demo tape.

[url][URL=http://s1045.photobucket.com/user/Colin_Aitken/media/xyRI1Fun5hkewNpo4pMfeYFGA_Dhdirh9JdJbdVGKAw542-h962-no_zpsn7hmfxtp.jpg.html]Image[/url][/url]

[url][URL=http://s1045.photobucket.com/user/Colin_Aitken/media/iENGMnOz3e8dX3khqw1RV8apYy0vAGi4arChO9pslAw542-h962-no_zpsvjodnlxy.jpg.html]Image[/url][/url]

[url][URL=http://s1045.photobucket.com/user/Colin_Aitken/media/ZhmuT4g1Mg2tanxfY5cHo0zqZWSJJQwpy7y0fSCJJgw1710-h962-no_zpsnsubqnep.jpg.html]Image[/url][/url]

That is real BSP treasure! A lot of people out there who would love to have a copy of that.
Kevo or Matthew Wood? Malevolence or good?

BSP fansite: Brilliantine Mortality
Blog: Under the Pylons
kevo

Postby flatland juz » Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:43 pm

I would offer to record it for you, McCol, but if my cassette player ate it I would be guilt ridden forever.
flatland juz

Postby McCol » Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:20 pm

Got a couple of options for getting the tape converted to flac/mp3 but could take a couple of weeks before I get it on here.
McCol

Postby atombowl65 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:12 am

Apologies for Major Machine 1 being out of order. It plays fine on the hifi but won't read properly on my laptop at moment. Will endeavor to find a solution and update dropbox.
atombowl65

Postby Bastian » Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:36 pm

Well worth the wait, very impressed with it. The complete illustrated book was as good as i was hoping it would be and beautifully put together. Reading it sparked a lot of memories. And as others have said, the overall quality of the boxset is top notch. Out of the few items like this i have bought by other bands this easily beats them all for the quality of the finish and what you get for your money. I didn't get anything along the lines CDR full of forgotten demos, but the extras of a couple of singles, a photo and flyer were really appreciated.
My head is going to explode if i don't see the band again live soon.
Bastian

Postby Geoff24 » Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:54 am

Do we know if all the orders have been shipped? My bundle still says not yet shipped, and my Sea of Brass vinyl still says shipped 19/6/15 (which we all know didn't happen). I am in Australia so not sure if my stuff is just taking a little while to arrive, or hasn't gone out yet. Was one of the first 100 orders, too...
Geoff24

Postby trickyvegas » Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:01 am

Been a hectic couple of weeks but finally had a chance to listen to my bonus demo cd. Two tracks of In The Bleak Mid Winter and very beautiful it sounds. Unfortunately I don't posses a cd drive on my laptop but would like to share, so hopefully I can arrange a meeting with a grown up in the not too distant future and get it usp on the download thread.
trickyvegas

Postby Bastian » Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:03 pm

Geoff24 wrote:Do we know if all the orders have been shipped? My bundle still says not yet shipped, and my Sea of Brass vinyl still says shipped 19/6/15 (which we all know didn't happen). I am in Australia so not sure if my stuff is just taking a little while to arrive, or hasn't gone out yet. Was one of the first 100 orders, too...

Mine also say's not shipped yet but i got it a couple of day's ago, so don't pay any attention to it. In Ireland i'm always a week or more behind most others when they send things out, so hopefully yours is on the way to you. SOB came with it, but mine also says shipped since June, which must have happend when they sent out the CD/DVD version of it.

I've still not quite got through everything, but loving that even though i have (i think) everything they have previously released, that we're getting some stuff on this that I've not heard before. Loving the two different versions of A Lovely Day Tomorrow.
Bastian

PreviousNext

Return to British Sea Power