A collection of BSP stuff

Moderators: blir, The Shopkeeper, redc, de lacey, Captain Quiet, kevo, The Secretary, Rake

Re: A collection of BSP stuff

Postby Mr Bod » Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:09 am

CaptainSeeBass wrote:I've got the lot of BSP mugs, MK1 all the way thru to MK19 https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CHohIJsXAAERAEH.jpg:large

Like the lime green square on cornflower blue on the wall in next room by the way, very post modern
08 Forum 10 Hippodrome 11 HippodromeAcademyForum 12 HopFarm 13 100ClubShepherd'sBushEmpireDerbyVenue 14 KokoRoadmendersHaunt 15 DerbyTheatreBarbicanConcorde2RoundhouseDerbyVenue 16 DerbyVenueTunnel267 17 RoughTradeEastBarbican 18 Sub89Koko
Mr Bod

Postby rich86 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:35 am

SPT wrote:
CaptainSeeBass wrote:I've got the lot of BSP mugs, MK1 all the way thru to MK19 https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CHohIJsXAAERAEH.jpg:large

Got, not got, got, got, not got, got, not got, got - not got the rest but do have a white magic mug too.

And when I say 'got' for mk1...

Sorry for your (kind of) loss.
Totally at ease with it all, yeah.
rich86

Postby flatland juz » Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:37 pm

Among my precious BSP things I still have an unopened bottle of British Ale Power 'Sing Ye From The Hillsides' or whatever it was called beer, maturing in my booze cellar. Any advice on when the optimum time for cracking it open would be? I should imagine it will have aged lovely by now. Maybe I will bring it to a gig and see if anyone is brave enough to drink it.
Still got some 'Mortalitea' as well, mainly because I can't wean myself off PG Tips.
flatland juz

Postby annsaphone » Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:01 pm

image.jpg
image.jpg (128.12 KiB) Viewed 13183 times
This is some of my collection of random / weird /cool BSP stuff.
The scarves were retrieved from the merchandize store using a special password communicated via the newsletter... Anyone remember that? Must have been around 2008.
annsaphone

Postby avocetboy » Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:24 pm

I remember that and I remember the feeling of deflation when shopkeeper said I was too late. Anyone remember the password?
How would they survive back in the wild?
avocetboy

Postby flatland juz » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:22 pm

I still covet that lovely Fort Rox poster. Wish I'd bought it on the day instead of a horrible sky blue T-shirt.
flatland juz

Postby TheAlex » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:45 pm

avocetboy wrote:I remember that and I remember the feeling of deflation when shopkeeper said I was too late. Anyone remember the password?

I was too early and too late.

I just searched "newsboost password" in my inbox and when I saw a Newsboost from 2008 I thought I was in luck:

"RECORDSTORE.CO.UK DOWNLOAD INFORMATION

If you’ve had problems downloading BSP tracks you’ve bought from recordstore.co.uk, the following might possibly be of help. These suggestions were kindly posted on the BSP Forum message-board

1. Try logging into the main http://www.recordstore.co.uk site, click on "view account", enter your email and password. Click on "Order History". Then click on the order details of your particular order, and see if you can download the files from there."

Oh well, nothing much changes!

flatland juz wrote:I still covet that lovely Fort Rox poster. Wish I'd bought it on the day instead of a horrible sky blue T-shirt.

I like that poster a lot too. I also like my sky blue BSP t-shirts, but I have a few of those and only one BSP poster.
TheAlex

Postby annsaphone » Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:48 pm

It's nice seeing what everyone accumulated over the years.
The Fort Rox poster is beautiful - as far as I remember, that gig was one of my least favourite tough!
annsaphone

Postby Blackout » Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:27 am

annsaphone wrote:The Fort Rox poster is beautiful - as far as I remember, that gig was one of my least favourite tough!

Yeah I seem to recall the gig was pretty shit, though not as bad as the fort near Liverpool one later that year. Forts clearly not their forte (sorry)....

And yes the scarf thing was 2008, cos I know I got mine at the Leeds Irish Centre gig (scene of Phil's infamous speaker plummet), can't recall what the password was though.
And I asked, "Are you dreaming about a crow?"
And there she was....

http://blackout300.tumblr.com/
Blackout

Location: Lost in a dream somewhere between Akureyri and the Diagonal...

Postby DJBrain » Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:52 am

Gathering and dusting off my collection of BSP stuff.

2016-10-10 10.43.02.jpg
2016-10-10 10.43.02.jpg (134.69 KiB) Viewed 10584 times
DJBrain

Postby pomfob » Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:36 am

Blackout wrote:The hand made soap was probably the stupidest thing ever. I still have mine, albeit well clingfilmed these days.

Nobby's Soup Soap? Used it, was quite pleasant. Still have the bag it came in though. Don't hang on to the consumables like beer, fudge & chocolate, they'll only make a mess. Well preserved wrapping & ~ or containers, though.
Do it for the Butthole Surfers.
pomfob

Postby flatland juz » Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:18 am

Would love a decent scan of the 'Snow Fooling' festive card if anyone has got one.
Or a perhaps a BSP Xmas card reissue?
flatland juz

Postby rich86 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:56 pm

Fetched out all my BSP related tat this afternoon. Forgot how much I loved the Lights Out badge set.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (83.75 KiB) Viewed 7565 times
Totally at ease with it all, yeah.
rich86

Postby Gorfield » Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:27 pm

I want to buy some posters!!!
Gorfield

Previous

Return to British Sea Power