Decline reissues reviews

Moderators: blir, The Shopkeeper, redc, de lacey, Captain Quiet, kevo, The Secretary, Rake

Decline reissues reviews

Postby The Secretary » Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:39 am

There's a galvanising 5-star review in the new issue of Record Collector magazine.

The review begins "Booty call for buried treasure" and concludes "At once rock solid... and dancing elusively beyond reach. Religions have been founded on less."

Sounds good – and nothing less than accurate?!

Also features an interview with Noble.
The Secretary

Re: Decline reissues reviews

Postby Herbstzeitlose » Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:19 am

Is the print article more in-depth than the on-line stuff here http://recordcollectormag.com/reviews/decline-british-sea-power?

Just wondering if it's worth ordering a physical copy or not.
Herbstzeitlose

Postby The Secretary » Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:40 am

I think that's also the BSP you get in the shop version – plus a whole magazine of course...
The Secretary

Postby Herbstzeitlose » Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:10 pm

OK, thanks - think I'll prollaby leave it then. I actually enjoy the magazine on the admittedly rare occasions when I get hold of one, but it tends to encourage me to buy more records than I can afford.
Herbstzeitlose

Postby burghblue » Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:35 pm

The first 100 people who bought The Compleat Illustrated British Sea Power box set will be given bonus CDs, and there are about 50 demo CDs (and cassettes) within those, and they contain nearly all the demos we made. It will be fun for fans to swap these other versions. Some are quite illuminating and some are terrible!

Right, that's the green light from Martin right there. Who's going to take responsibility for setting up a suitable Dropbox/filesharing mechanism for these demos?
You're an absolute shower...
burghblue

Postby Don_Gorgon » Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:31 pm

I'll gladly share whatever I receive. What are the decent free file sharing services this days?
Where the ancient oak leaf clusters grew, the deaths head hawk moth flew
Don_Gorgon

Postby Shadowplayer » Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:40 pm

That's a great idea - especially for those of us who weren't quite quick enough to bag an extra
" And then the strangest feeling drifted over me,
Oh we'll begin where you give in now, baby dear"
Shadowplayer

Postby Herbstzeitlose » Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:35 pm

Ditto - more than happy to share, if I get a demo.
Herbstzeitlose

Postby atombowl65 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:14 pm

ditto, more than happy to share, does anyone know about the terms and conditions of whichever sharing service we might end up using in relation to inadvertently handing over any usage rights to the host. Google drive for instance states.
When you upload or otherwise submit content to our Services, you give Google (and those we work with) a worldwide licence to use, host, store, reproduce, modify, create derivative works (such as those resulting from translations, adaptations or other changes that we make so that your content works better with our Services), communicate, publish, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute such content.

Dropbox is broadly similar although both issues various caveats along the lines of
The rights that you grant in this licence are for the limited purpose of operating, promoting and improving our Services, and to develop new ones.

TBH I've not really had to worry about this with the stuff that I use them for but I just want to be sure that I'm not putting somebody else's material into the hands of tax-shy corporate behemoths.
atombowl65

Postby Shadowplayer » Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:17 pm

This is quite promising, given the small speculation that the SOB and Decline reissue might signify a winding down for BSP
When the decks are cleared with Sea Of Brass and The Decline Of… we’ll get stuck into it again. We’ve got ideas from sessions we did at the end of last year, so we’re already up and running to some extent.
" And then the strangest feeling drifted over me,
Oh we'll begin where you give in now, baby dear"
Shadowplayer

Return to British Sea Power