Sea Of Brass - Vinyl

Moderators: blir, The Shopkeeper, redc, de lacey, Captain Quiet, kevo, The Secretary, Rake

Sea Of Brass - Vinyl

Postby craigeduk » Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:58 pm

The pre-order doesn't mention any colored vinyl, but surely this HAS to be on lovely Brass colored vinyl!!
craigeduk

Re: Sea Of Brass - Vinyl

Postby gtw » Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:04 pm

Boxset duly ordered.
Last edited by gtw on Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
how's it going to end?
gtw

Postby deathorglory » Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:11 pm

The artwork looks brilliant.
deathorglory

Postby Herbstzeitlose » Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:28 pm

I've pre-ordered the box set, and have made a note of my purchase code. Just wanted to mention that I've not received the confirmation e-mail as yet.

On the off-chance that there's a problem with the new ordering system, other people may want to note down their purchase code rather than rely on it being mailed to them - just to save possible future headaches.
Herbstzeitlose

Postby cawseetiger » Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:38 pm

ordered deluxe version, would have liked it on vinyl but hopefully the extra disc compensates. Really looking forward to hearing it, cracking stuff :)
Inland between Dogger Bank & Scroby Sands
cawseetiger

Postby andya04 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:40 pm

Ordered delux box set, looking forward to hearing / seeing this, not lucky enough to get to any of the live shows
andya04

Postby cawseetiger » Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:41 pm

Herbstzeitlose wrote:I've pre-ordered the box set, and have made a note of my purchase code. Just wanted to mention that I've not received the confirmation e-mail as yet.

On the off-chance that there's a problem with the new ordering system, other people may want to note down their purchase code rather than rely on it being mailed to them - just to save possible future headaches.

just checked my mail and confirmation has arrived inc purchase code
Inland between Dogger Bank & Scroby Sands
cawseetiger

Postby andya04 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:44 pm

Herbstzeitlose wrote:I've pre-ordered the box set, and have made a note of my purchase code. Just wanted to mention that I've not received the confirmation e-mail as yet.

got my email / code straight away, hope yours comes through!
andya04

Postby Bastian » Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:12 pm

I got a paypal confirmation, but no confirmation email from the website. Made note of the code from the confirmation page anyway.

For someone that doesn't like brass, i kind of splashed out there.
Bastian

Postby TheAlex » Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:58 pm

Boxset ordered - this is exciting! I hope I'm in the first 200. I'm looking forward to hearing Heavenly Waters in particular.

Am I reading between the lines too much here "Now Golden Chariot is relaunched for the Sea Of Brass releases and for other future releases from the band."

That doesn't mean "all" albums does it? Isn't the next studio album being released through Rough Trade?

I got the Sunshine HQ confirmation e-mail straight away, but I haven't received the Paypal one yet. Rather unnervingly a spam Paypal e-mail has come through though. It must be a coincidence.
TheAlex

Postby gtw » Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:37 pm

TheAlex wrote:Am I reading between the lines too much here "Now Golden Chariot is relaunched for the Sea Of Brass releases and for other future releases from the band."

That doesn't mean "all" albums does it? Isn't the next studio album being released through Rough Trade?

That caught my eye as well. It is equivocal in that it doesn't say 'all'. But its odd that it mentions Golden Chariot at all in relation to unspecificed future releases when it didn't need to. Meanwhile though Rough Trade's website still lists them as current artists: http://www.roughtraderecords.com/artist/britishseapower
how's it going to end?
gtw

Postby Nurdled, by Astley » Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:39 pm

....But they have used Golden Chariot for the discs of different mixes from the last two albums, so I don't see why it wouldn't be used again in this way. Perhaps this is all it means... a label for more fan-focussed releases rather than their main releases going forward.

Also means less pressure on Rough Trade to promote additional material and just focus on their contracted releases.
Nearly drowned on a learn to swim course.
Nurdled, by Astley

Postby Don_Gorgon » Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:39 pm

Having not been able to see any of the Sea of Brass shows I'm really excited about this. The artwork is wonderful as well, I wonder who came up with it.

Would the shopkeeper know if it's possible to combine shipping on the items? As it stands shipping to the US for the box set is about £12 and the vinyl is £8.
Where the ancient oak leaf clusters grew, the deaths head hawk moth flew
Don_Gorgon

Postby Rob Strong » Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:43 pm

Box set ordered.

How do we know whether we made the TOP 200?
Rob Strong

Postby Singing Bear » Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:30 pm

Had to miss all the Brass shows, despite purchased tickets. Treated myself to deluxe package as compensation. Can't wait.
Singing Bear

Next

Return to British Sea Power