eez-eh

Moderators: blir, The Shopkeeper, redc, de lacey, Captain Quiet, kevo, The Secretary, Rake

eez-eh

Postby MansunsOnlyBSPFan » Thu May 29, 2014 4:37 pm

Hang on, sure I've heard this before.....always liked Kasabian but its a bit cheeky pinching off the mighty BSP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BstITGs_VQc
MansunsOnlyBSPFan

Re: eez-eh

Postby The Secretary » Thu May 29, 2014 7:54 pm

Ho ho – frontman Tom has previously spoken fondly of BSP. Can be taken as a subtle tribute?

Isn't there a strong suggestion of a Madness song in that track? Baggy Trousers? Or is it an actual sample?

I don't mind Kasabian at all – tho have never heard an elpee...
The Secretary

Postby Singing Bear » Fri May 30, 2014 5:06 pm

Yeah, could be a tribute but Kasabian? Not really.
Singing Bear

Postby Dr_Dupree » Sat May 31, 2014 8:08 pm

They seem to be good lads http://www.theguardian.com/music/2014/m ... -interview

I have never enjoyed their music. The early stuff sounded to me like Oasis without the tunes. This new stuff sounds like desperately over-egged 90s house pop. But they are clearly an energetic live band, and I hope it all works out for the best when they play their headline set at Glastonbury. The Ennis dynasty seldom make a bad call.
The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity
Dr_Dupree

Postby Government Thug » Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:39 pm

Not worthy of a new thread, but on this subject of "sampled" tunes, has anyone heard the Spotify web player ad on the freebie version of Spotify? The tune in the backgound IS Larsen B in all but actually being Larsen B.

Or has this been mentioned already? Sorry, but I'm only an occasional poster so miss the finer detail quite often.....
The Chuckle Brothers aren't heroes to everyone. But they are to me. To you. To me.
Government Thug

Postby TheAlex » Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:29 pm

I liked Kasabian's first album and it was cracking to see them at The Sugarmill in Stoke-on-Trent on the night it entered the charts. They were due to play on a crappy little stage on a field at about 4pm (I think) but the stage blew over. We asked one of them what was happening and he said the gig had been moved to The Leadmill - we knew he meant The Sugarmill. The new album sounds quite intriguing but I'm sure they said similar things about previous albums - I haven't liked anything since the debut. I also find some of the lyrics quite cringe-worthy but I don't know if they're having a laugh.

I haven't noticed that Spotify advert - I get advert-deafness but I'll try to notice next time.
Last edited by TheAlex on Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheAlex

Postby Blackout » Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:15 pm

Wahey, Kasabian, proper lads, pints of piss in the air, let's ave it to some chooons, worra ledge, etc.

KILL THEM ALL.
And I asked, "Are you dreaming about a crow?"
And there she was....

http://blackout300.tumblr.com/
Blackout

Location: Lost in a dream somewhere between Akureyri and the Diagonal...

Postby The Subaltern » Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:09 am

Has this board gone mad?

I'd rather have my head amputated than listen to that drivel.

The aural equivalent of Nuts magazine.

Shite.
I'd rather play noughts and crosses with you.
The Subaltern

Postby Blackout » Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:12 am

Erk, I hope you didn't take the above post the wrong way; I figured the last line might be the giveaway.

I did see them once back in 2004, without knowing anything of what they sounded like, because (a) I really liked their early artwork - that stencil style stuff; and (b) this groupie we used to know who'd been through my mate's band had subsequently moved on to them, and she mostly only shagged decent bands. I really expected to like them..... massive disappointment. They sounded like a pastiche of late 90s Primal Scream mixed with Happy Mondays, and seemed overly excited to be in Manchester for all the wrong reasons. There was already a significant monkey element to both band and crowd even in those early days, and I remember thinking "V Festival will love these". Years later I did listen to some of "West Pauper Lunatic Asylum" as reviews spoke of a coming-of-age, more diverse and imaginative sound, the word "psychedelia" was mentioned - but I'm afraid I just heard the same old chunky baggy "choons" as before only with a bit more effects on the guitar.

Reading transcripts of their lyrics without knowing (or caring) what the music sounds like is funnier than most comedy, mind.
And I asked, "Are you dreaming about a crow?"
And there she was....

http://blackout300.tumblr.com/
Blackout

Location: Lost in a dream somewhere between Akureyri and the Diagonal...

Postby Wendelin of Trier » Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:10 pm

The Subaltern wrote:The aural equivalent of Nuts magazine.

Shite.

Are you going to attempt to convince everybody on this forum that you would never throw one off over nuts magazine?
It's like everything you never said but always meant to say
Wendelin of Trier

Postby Wicker Man » Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:18 pm

Government Thug wrote:Not worthy of a new thread, but on this subject of "sampled" tunes, has anyone heard the Spotify web player ad on the freebie version of Spotify? The tune in the backgound IS Larsen B in all but actually being Larsen B.

Or has this been mentioned already? Sorry, but I'm only an occasional poster so miss the finer detail quite often.....

Yes, I noticed that and had planned to mention it. Forgot, so thanks for reminding me.
I have never knowingly heard Kasabian.
Wicker Man

Postby The Subaltern » Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:03 pm

Don't worry Cath; I did detect your disdain.

You're right though: their lyrics are hilariously shite.

Tim Jonze, the editor of Guardian Unlimited's music page and long-time BSP champion, was reprimanded at the playback of one of Kasabian's albums after their manager asked the press for thoughts and Tim responded with, "It's really funny."

Not what they wanted to hear.
I'd rather play noughts and crosses with you.
The Subaltern

Postby Wendelin of Trier » Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:23 pm

This forum is not what it used to be.
It's like everything you never said but always meant to say
Wendelin of Trier

Postby bancroftboy » Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:07 pm

Wendelin of Trier wrote:This forum is not what it used to be.

Eeeh what is though, eh?

Personally I could knock one out over Blanche from Corrie (is she still in it or is she dead? No matter, the point remains) but I would never buy nuts because he man in the shop (or lady, let's not be sexist) would know I was a lonely wanker. Or a fan of Kasabian. About as embarrassing as each other really.
you lot are a complete army of c*nts!
bancroftboy

Postby The Secretary » Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:34 pm

Woah, like lighten up dudez and catch some rays! Tis only Kasabian, now considered harmless by the World Health Org. Who could deny their agro-artistic stylings, akin to Bob Latchford sullenly prodding at an intriguing hydrid of Roland 808 and a 2006 John Deere combine's cab-control mother-board? Behold these noble savages! Indeed, frontman Tom has confirmed he will appear as a unique installation for the six-month span of Krankenhaus 2015 – walking an endless circle in a cage, so emblematic of the captivating non-evolutionary anomaly of Midlands Man.
The Secretary

Next

Return to British Sea Power