April tour

Moderators: blir, The Shopkeeper, redc, de lacey, Captain Quiet, kevo, The Secretary, Rake

Re: April tour

Postby pomfob » Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:09 am

It occurred to me yesterday - what's this tour in aid of? Is it another push for MoJ, the fabled Decline anniversary tour, or just for the hell of it? Or (outside chance, obviously) NEW LP????
Do it for the Butthole Surfers.
pomfob

Postby Voyager1 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:43 pm

No Brum, not even a Notts fallback option. will probably try and make it to either the Bristol or London shows but thats fraught with dificulties.
IT'S THE WRONG BLOODY GO(D)DARD!
Discover exciting, new and legitimately free music at http://www.myhifimusic.com
Voyager1

Postby Revol_T » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:53 pm

Just noticed that I appear to have bought "seats" for the gig at Holmfirth Picturedrome. Seems to be all Seetickets is selling. Anyone know whether it's an all-seater venue or will I be stuck in some balcony somewhere?
Revol_T

Postby Heartland » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:32 pm

I'm in the same boat.

It's definitely not an all-seated venue though, and I'm also optimistic, as there are no rows/numbers on the tickets.
If anyone can British Sea Power can
Has anybody seen Woody, Noble and Yan?
Heartland

Postby BabyGray » Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:03 pm

heart you are going to sheffield gig, be inside the brown bear pre gig.
BabyGray

Postby redc » Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:17 pm

BabyGray wrote:... be inside the brown bear....

I thought Cath's Nick was usually inside the brown bear these days (with either Craig or manager Dave in the white one).
There sails the heron
drawing behind him
a long wake of solitude
redc

Postby pomfob » Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:06 am

redc wrote:

I thought ******* was usually inside the brown bear these days (with either **** or ***** in the white one).

Wheesht! Hush up! The punters are supposed to believe the bears are real! Which they are children, they're real bears.
Do it for the Butthole Surfers.
pomfob

Postby Blackout » Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:49 pm

Heartland wrote:I'm in the same boat.

It's definitely not an all-seated venue though, and I'm also optimistic, as there are no rows/numbers on the tickets.

I've been to lots of gigs there and there have never been seats.

pomfob wrote:
redc wrote:

I thought ******* was usually inside the brown bear these days (with either **** or ***** in the white one).

Wheesht! Hush up! The punters are supposed to believe the bears are real! Which they are children, they're real bears.

This is true. Whilst Nick, Dave, Craig and others don suits to impersonate the bears for the purposes of assisting with merch and doing photos with fans, and indeed on one occasion in Poland going to the shop over the road to stock up on pre-mix cocktail cans (truly one of the best things that happened in 2013), the stage bears are of course completely real. :)

On another note, presume there has been no advance on the possible Saturday night out in Sunderland? Still hoping that happens...........
And I asked, "Are you dreaming about a crow?"
And there she was....

http://blackout300.tumblr.com/
Blackout

Location: Lost in a dream somewhere between Akureyri and the Diagonal...

Postby Hirsute Joseph » Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:22 pm

Apparently I'm heading back home for my mum's 60th the weekend before her actual birthday, which s the weekend of the Folkestone gig. Gutted, but also not really gutted. Anyway what it means is that there is one ticket for Folkestone up for grabs. Face value so £14.
"I challenge Destiny, yes, but I do not leap off cliffs."
Hirsute Joseph

Postby andya04 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:50 am

All booked for KoKo, anyone know of reasonable accomodation nearby for 2 nights? Cant remember where we stayed when we went on NYE. Ta muchly for any info
andya04

Postby kevo » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:59 am

andya04 wrote:All booked for KoKo, anyone know of reasonable accomodation nearby for 2 nights? Cant remember where we stayed when we went on NYE. Ta muchly for any info

There's a Travelodge adjacent to Euston Station, about 6-7 mins walk from the venue, if that's the kind of place you're looking for.
Kevo or Matthew Wood? Malevolence or good?

BSP fansite: Brilliantine Mortality
Blog: Under the Pylons
kevo

Postby Blackout » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:34 pm

kevo wrote:
andya04 wrote:All booked for KoKo, anyone know of reasonable accomodation nearby for 2 nights? Cant remember where we stayed when we went on NYE. Ta muchly for any info

There's a Travelodge adjacent to Euston Station, about 6-7 mins walk from the venue, if that's the kind of place you're looking for.

Travelodge expert writes: Very small and usually overpriced by Travelodge standards if not sold out. The Travelodge "mothership" (AKA Kings Cross Royal Scot) is a bit further to walk but often cheaper - but I pretty much always use the County Hotel for all London stopovers, a basic no-frills old-style hotel 5 mins from Euston (so about 20 mins walk to Koko) - http://www.imperialhotels.co.uk/ - they also have a range of other hotels at different standard/price levels, all in the Bloomsbury area. (We stayed in the Tavistock for that NYE thing cos we fancied something a bit posher).
And I asked, "Are you dreaming about a crow?"
And there she was....

http://blackout300.tumblr.com/
Blackout

Location: Lost in a dream somewhere between Akureyri and the Diagonal...

Postby flatland juz » Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:29 pm

Can we please have an acoustic warm-up set like the band did for the first part of the MOJ tour? That was excellent.
Mmmm... Salty Water.
flatland juz

Postby burghblue » Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:13 pm

Edinburgh tickets turned up in Saturday's post, which is nice as I was getting a bit twitchy that they had got lost in the Christmas post...

pomfob, I think this is just the second tour of the MoJ cycle. It's been pretty normal practice for BSP to tour right after an album's release then do another one 12 months or so later (perhaps to build up a warchest for recording the next album?).

It's been noticeable in Scotland that they usually play Glasgow in one tour then Edinburgh the next, which is most equitable.
You're an absolute shower...
burghblue

Postby rover » Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:56 pm

burghblue wrote:
It's been noticeable in Scotland that they usually play Glasgow in one tour then Edinburgh the next, which is most equitable.

Unless you're a teuchter.
The Law of Inverse Relevance: the less you intend doing about something the more you have to keep talking about it.
rover

PreviousNext

Return to British Sea Power