April tour

Moderators: blir, The Shopkeeper, redc, de lacey, Captain Quiet, kevo, The Secretary, Rake

Re: April tour

Postby intheheather » Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:29 pm

pomfob wrote:Mentioned in the meet ups section too, but if anyone has a spare ticket for Sheffield, let me know. Cheers.

I might well have a spare for Sheffield. Do you still need?
Did they mean nothing or were they filled with hidden clues?
intheheather

Postby spidersheep » Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:13 am

spidersheep

Postby Mr Bod » Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:35 pm

To nights stage times and confirmation of support

i we have been given updated times for tonight gig from the promoter.

Doors: 7pm
Jubilee Courts: 7.30-8.00pm
British Sea Power: 8.30-10.15pm

Tickets and further info available here: http://www.theroadmender.com/index.php/ ... power.html
08 Forum 10 Hippodrome 11 HippodromeAcademyForum 12 HopFarm 13 100ClubShepherd'sBushEmpireDerbyVenue 14 KokoRoadmendersHaunt 15 DerbyTheatreBarbicanConcorde2RoundhouseDerbyVenue 16 DerbyVenueTunnel267 17 RoughTradeEastBarbican 18 Sub89Koko
Mr Bod

Postby pomfob » Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:44 pm

intheheather wrote:
pomfob wrote:Mentioned in the meet ups section too, but if anyone has a spare ticket for Sheffield, let me know. Cheers.

I might well have a spare for Sheffield. Do you still need?

Yes please, I've PM'd you about it.
Do it for the Butthole Surfers.
pomfob

Postby icehaven » Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:38 pm

Anyone know any nice pubs in Sheffield? Preferably that can feed me too.
People from the West Midlands
Shouldn't be allowed on Television
icehaven

Postby pomfob » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:16 pm

icehaven wrote:Anyone know any nice pubs in Sheffield? Preferably that can feed me too.

The Rutland Arms. Near venue, decent ales, unfussy carb-heavy grub. It'll probably be rammed.:-S
Do it for the Butthole Surfers.
pomfob

Postby No Paranoia » Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:30 am

Gutted I cannot make it to any of these shows. :( Hope you folks are having a good time, and with any luck see you on the next tour!
No Paranoia

Postby Blackout » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:28 am

We are, well I am - but wish you were here...

Sheffield was incredible. Was lovely to see everyone, and well done to those who travelled from different land masses. My first time in the Leadmill since Hope Of The States (remember them?) in 2006 (remember that? I'm not sure I do, actually - the year, that is, not that specific gig) and quite pleased to see it hasn't actually changed (hopefully this signifies a shift back from the execrable Plug for touring bands of this level). A fond farewell to Warm Digits, it's been a real bonus having someone good on. BSP themselves best (with York, maybe) of the 4 I've seen so far this time, there were bears and there was liveliness and inexplicable post-gig candyfloss and it's too hot to wear long sleeves at work today so I'm hoping nobody notices the moshpit bruises. Would have loved to make Hull and was still half considering a late dash when I got out the bath about 5pm, but by the time I'd have had to set off at 6 ish I was almost unable to get off the sofa, ah well, I think 9 consecutive nights out before collapsing is fairly respectable at my age. See you* tomorrow.

* I've lost track of exactly who that is...

Actually I really enjoyed Holmfirth too; I always enjoy the Picturedrome as a venue, though this is definitely the first time I have seen a non- "oldie" band there. Usually it's Stranglers, Biscuits, Hawkwind, Fall - even Spiritualized last summer (their first gig there) with Jason aged 47 was pushing the usual limit of the place a little. Headliners under 40 is almost unheard of - probably why they'd installed a barrier, you know, in case they were overrun with Young People.
And I asked, "Are you dreaming about a crow?"
And there she was....

http://blackout300.tumblr.com/
Blackout

Location: Lost in a dream somewhere between Akureyri and the Diagonal...

Postby HughieD » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:49 am

Comfirmation of Bear 2 at Sheffield...

HughieD

Postby HughieD » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:52 am

....and a euphoric crowd.

HughieD

Postby No Paranoia » Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:26 pm

Blackout wrote:We are, well I am - but wish you were here...

<3
No Paranoia

Postby YoungHooligan » Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:39 am

I am soooo bloomin' tired, I don't quite think I could follow them again!! What fun it's been. One gig to go, check out http://www.headphonesoff.com/bspforum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=12896 I'm offering lifts to and from locations based on a reasonable basis I can drop off at somewhere well connected like Elephant & Castle.
YoungHooligan

Postby cawseetiger » Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:57 am

YoungHooligan wrote:I am soooo bloomin' tired, I don't quite think I could follow them again!! What fun it's been. One gig to go, check out http://www.headphonesoff.com/bspforum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=12896 I'm offering lifts to and from locations based on a reasonable basis I can drop off at somewhere well connected like Elephant & Castle.

Had the pleasure of chatting with YH at Hull & Cambridge, top bloke. Fair play to covering all dates on this tour....you need a mighty lie in on Sunday.
Inland between Dogger Bank & Scroby Sands
cawseetiger

Postby YoungHooligan » Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:15 am

cawseetiger wrote:Had the pleasure of chatting with YH at Hull & Cambridge, top bloke.

Ah ha, faces to forum names....absolute pleasure meeting you likewise! The lie in won't be as epic as I would have hoped :)
YoungHooligan

Previous

Return to British Sea Power