HMV/ticket bundle VIP CD

Moderators: blir, The Shopkeeper, redc, de lacey, Captain Quiet, kevo, The Secretary, Rake

Re: HMV/ticket bundle VIP CD

Postby Kurgan » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:48 pm

yes I have that - is that all we need?
"Take away the right to say fuck and you take away the right to say fuck the government."
-Lenny Bruce
Kurgan

Postby The Shopkeeper » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:35 pm

It should say on the receipt thank you for purchasing British Sea Power ticket and CD bundle from HMV and then have a code which looks like this AABMM-000000-000000-0000000-0000000.
The Shopkeeper

Postby pauloso » Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:22 pm

Is the VIP cd going to be available to purchase seperately? As I did not buy the my VD from HMV.
I keep a shotgun buried in a box.
pauloso

Postby The Shopkeeper » Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:47 pm

The VIP CD is not available for sale, only available via the HMV ticket and CD bundle.
The Shopkeeper

Postby British Horse Power » Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:36 pm

I too bought a ticket but can't remember which concert it was for, I think it was Cardiff, in fact my imaginary friend actually bought the ticket because I had not got credit, so it's a different card number and now HMV aren't sending out Cardiff tickets but you've got to go to the box office to get the tickets, but I don't want to go to Cardiff now because I've bought a ticket to a concert that's nearer my home that's more convenient for me so I'd like to sell the ticket that I haven't got, at face value obviously, to another fan, not on e-bay obviously, but so I don't lose any money myself. I have a scanned in copy of the e-mail receipt with the magic number that was forwarded on to me by my friend that I can e-mail to you to print off to take to the Nottingham concert so someone could get my free CD but I can't go now due to work so my friend is going.

Thanks for sorting this out. I can e-mail you more details if that helps.

Thank goodness for the internet. This would be really hard to sort out by fax/letter in the olden days.

BHP
British Horse Power

Postby Mr Torrance » Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:03 pm

I didn't get my download code when I ordered & had to request it after VD came out, I've just found out the email & it has the long number but everything is crossed out, you can still read the number but I don't know why it's that way, will that still work?

not too impressed with HMV re: this I must say
Mr Torrance

Postby SPT » Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:36 pm

It would appear that someone has been using this:

as a process manual...
You can always outrun a golfer

http://www.soundsxp.com
Always changing at Retford http://sptxx.tumblr.com/
Not changing at Retford http://sptxx2.tumblr.com/
SPT

Postby Holborn Head Puffin » Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:47 pm

is this the same cd i got when i bought VD?
From Scapa Flow
Holborn Head Puffin

Postby British Horse Power » Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:48 pm

Blimey...give these HMV guys a break. I've just started work in their new warehouse...that's me on the extreme left.
Attachments
hmv warehouse.jpg
hmv warehouse.jpg (37.8 KiB) Viewed 10511 times
British Horse Power

Postby intheheather » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:06 pm

I do not have the email with the code in anymore, I had the absolute total ball ache of a nightmare to get it in the first place to order my ticket (which I am still waiting for). I have deleted all my emails as they were assumed to be junk now. I do only have the mail that says that I have bought a ticket bundle, but it has no code on it. Does that mean I will not get my CD?
How shit is this system/hmv btw?
Did they mean nothing or were they filled with hidden clues?
intheheather

Postby Shinkansen » Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:37 am

Mmm... Wish I'd seen this thread before driving to and from Cardiff this evening.

Guess I'll have to grab it at Portsmouth.

Make sure you have the multi-digit-magic-number-codey-thingy. Being inside the venue, stamped, with a receipt isn't enough. DAMN YOUZ HMV!!!!
Shinkansen

Postby ORK (Original Red Kite) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:53 am

intheheather wrote:I do not have the email with the code in anymore, I had the absolute total ball ache of a nightmare to get it in the first place to order my ticket (which I am still waiting for). I have deleted all my emails as they were assumed to be junk now. I do only have the mail that says that I have bought a ticket bundle, but it has no code on it. Does that mean I will not get my CD?

Call hmv tickets on 0843 221 01 00 or e-mail them on tickets.service@hmv.co.uk. I did both and they'd re-sent the original e-mail within 24 hours. Have to say, all my tickets and CDs have arrived as and when expected and they dealt with this issue swiftly so, no hmv gripes here.
Hanx...
ORK (Original Red Kite)

Postby intheheather » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:11 pm

ORK (Original Red Kite) wrote:
intheheather wrote:I do not have the email with the code in anymore, I had the absolute total ball ache of a nightmare to get it in the first place to order my ticket (which I am still waiting for). I have deleted all my emails as they were assumed to be junk now. I do only have the mail that says that I have bought a ticket bundle, but it has no code on it. Does that mean I will not get my CD?

Call hmv tickets on 0843 221 01 00 or e-mail them on tickets.service@hmv.co.uk. I did both and they'd re-sent the original e-mail within 24 hours. Have to say, all my tickets and CDs have arrived as and when expected and they dealt with this issue swiftly so, no hmv gripes here.

Have emailed them now. Will have to see what happens. I have also emailed about my absence of tickets.
intheheather

Postby intheheather » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:04 pm

They have emailed me the code email back, but with it crossed out, but it's still legible. What's the point of that?
intheheather

Postby Shinkansen » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:49 pm

Probably because you've "used it" online. Sure camp BSP need the number just to allocate you your CD.
Shinkansen

PreviousNext

Return to British Sea Power